Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Practice an Attitude of Gratitude

Ever get discouraged? Bogged down by responsibilities? Overwhelmed by your endless "to do lists"? I know I sure do. But, a few weeks ago I met an amazing person who shared a life principle that really helps.

He shared that maintaining an attitude of gratitude (which simply means to practice giving thanks) helps produce joy. Oh, I know, sometimes it doens't seem like there's anything to be thankful or grateful for...but over the last few weeks I tried to live by his principle. And you know what? It made me joyful!


I'm convinced that gratitude helps to overcome fatigue. It squelches frustrations. And, helps lighten the load!
So, wanna try it out? If so, ask yourself these questions:
  • Who has helped me during a time of great difficulty?
  • Who encourages or inspires me to be better than I ever thought possible?
  • Who empowers me to live with greater excellence?
  • Who showers me with genuine belief and praise for my talents?
  • What is your favorite memory?
  • What can I be thankful for? The key is to find gratefulness in the simplest of things: people in your life, your pet, your home, food on the table, moments with loved ones, running water, air-conditioning...
Begin to express thanks out loud, especially when you feel discouraged. You might also consider sending a note of thanks to people you appreciate.

It may not feel natural at first...but...practicing praise and maintaining an attitude of gratitude produces strength and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment